Birmingham Car Accident Attorneys
Every day in Alabama someone is involved in a car accident. In 2010, over 1000 people were killed in motor-vehicle crashes. A car accident can occur for a number of reasons ranging from bad weather conditions to another driver’s negligence. However, no matter what the cause of the car accident, the consequences are all too often very serious. In many cases, those who suffer or lose their lives are the ones who were not at fault.
At Farris, Riley & Pitt, our Alabama car accident attorneys work closely with our clients to take action as quickly as possible after an automobile accident. Early intervention is effective to capture and preserve invaluable evidence which is essential to reaching a just settlement or litigating a case at trial.
Network of Experts
The firm maintains an extensive network of:
- Accident reconstruction experts
- Biomechanical engineers
- Highway design engineers
- Traffic control engineers
- Human factors experts.
These experts help provide Farris, Riley & Pitt attorneys with invaluable insights that are vital to our clients’ cases.
No car wreck case is too big or too small for the Birmingham car accident lawyers at Farris, Riley & Pitt. The firm handles cases involving numerous types of car accidents and vehicle types ranging from multi-vehicle accidents, to product defect cases to plain driver negligence.
We handle all types of Alabama car accidents including:
- Alcohol-related accidents
- Automobile Accidents
- Bus and train accidents
- Construction zone accidents
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Multi-vehicle accidents
- SUV rollovers
- Uninsured motorist accidents
If you are involved in an car accident near Birmingham, we recommend the following steps:
- Do not leave the scene of the accident (It seems simple, but it often happens.)
- Look out for the safety of yourself, family, and friends or anyone else who was involved in the car accident. If anyone is hurt, take appropriate precautions and call emergency services immediately.
- Call the police.
- Exchange license and insurance information with the other drivers involved. If there are witnesses to the car accident, collect their names and contact information.
- If you have a camera or video-camera take pictures of the car accident scene. If you do not have a camera, try to obtain as much information and document what you discover.
- When discussing the accident with the police, be as honest and thorough as you can, but do not discuss who was at fault or to blame.
- If you feel slightly sore or bruised, seek medical attention immediately. Often victims leave the scene of an accident thinking they are fine only to discover days later they are not fine and have significant injuries.
- After leaving the emergency room or doctor’s office, consult a lawyer immediately.
We represent accidents in many locations including:
Birmingham, Gadsden, Anniston, Jefferson County, Bessemer County, Chilton County, Walker County, Calhoun County, Etowah County, Green County, Hale County, Bibb County, Pickens County, Lamar County, Fayette County, Tuscaloosa County, Blount County, Clarke County, Choctaw County, Dallas County, Perry County, and Winston County.
If you have other questions about what to do following your car accident, contact the Birmingham Car Wreck attorneys at 205-324-1212 for your free consultation, or contact us toll free at 888-580-5176.