Every year, thousands of people are injured or killed as a result of dangerous, defective, or faulty products. Estimates show that over 22,000 people are killed annually in the United States from dangerous products such as:
- Defective cars;
- Unsafe and faulty industrial equipment;
- Household appliances;
- Harmful pharmaceutical drugs; and
- Baby/children’s products.
What is a Product Liability Case?
Product liability is an area of the law in which manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, retailers, and others that make dangerous, defective or faulty products available to the public are held responsible for the harm those products cause. Product defects fall into four categories:
- Design Defects
- Manufacturing Defects
- Unreasonably Dangerous Products
- Marketing Defects
The Product Liability Lawyers at Farris, Riley & Pitt have extensive knowledge and skill in representing victims of product liability. Our careful attention to detail, and our ability to construct how each piece of information will affect a client’s claim are vital skills in these cases. The Birmingham Personal Injury Attorneys will go to great lengths to demonstrate the dangerous, defective or faulty nature of a product and how the product has affected our client physically, mentally and emotionally. At Farris, Riley & Pitt, our product injury lawyers have the resources and experience needed to handle such cases, and a proven track record for achieving optimal results. We have represented clients in the following types of cases:
- Unsafe baby equipment (car seats, playpens, swings, cribs)
- Harmful pharmaceutical drugs
- Mechanical equipment (i.e. elevators, saws, conveyor belts, boilers, forklifts, faulty valves)
- Defective tires (tire blowouts and tire recalls)
- Automotive defects (recalled cars, car fires, air bag injuries, seat belt injuries, SUV rollovers, etc.)
- Faulty tools (sanders, lathes, saws)
If you or someone you know has been injured or harmed by a dangerous, defective, or faulty product, call the Product Defect Attorneys at Farris, Riley & Pitt today for your free consultation. For your free consultation with The Birmingham Products Liability Attorneys today, please contact us at 205-324-1212 or toll free 888-580-5176.
For more information on product recalls, please visit http://www.recalls.gov/