Norcross Personal Injury Attorney
Did you recently get hurt in an unexpected accident that has thrown your life into chaos? If so, you might be staring down mounting medical bills and the daunting prospect of a painful recovery, even though you didn’t choose to be in this situation. Money from a successful injury claim could provide the lifeline you need, but the road to a fair settlement or trial award is often complex and challenging.
At Farris, Riley & Pitt, LLP, we understand the pain and financial strain you’re experiencing right now. It might feel overwhelming, but you’re not alone. With more than 20 years of experience representing locals like you, our seasoned Norcross personal injury attorneys know how to fight for the recovery you deserve while you focus on your healing journey.
Call us now at (470) 274-3709 for a free consultation, and let us fight on your behalf.
Do I Need an Attorney for My Personal Injury Case?
After a traumatic event like an accident that injured you, the thought of hiring a personal injury lawyer can be daunting. You might have understandable concerns about the cost or whether a lawyer can make a real difference in your case. The good news is that getting professional legal help is not only affordable for any budget. It’s also the best way to protect your legal rights, your health, and your finances.
You need a personal injury lawyer’s help after an accident because they can help you by:
- Assessing your case and determining its potential value
- Gathering essential evidence to strengthen your claim
- Calculating future medical costs and other accident-related expenses
- Handling all communications with the insurance company
- Advising you on the best course of action based on your unique situation
- Educating you about your rights and legal options
- Taking over the legal aspects of your case so you can focus on your recovery
- Handling complex filing requirements and court procedures
- Consulting with medical experts to understand the full extent of your injuries
- Handling all paperwork associated with your claim and preventing any errors
- Keeping your claim on track by meeting all relevant deadlines
- Understanding and interpreting complicated legal jargon
- Negotiating with the insurance company on your behalf
- Pushing back against insurance companies who undervalue your claim
- Filing a lawsuit against the responsible party, if necessary
- Guiding you through depositions and other court proceedings
- Representing you in court, if your case goes to trial
- Demanding the maximum compensation for your injuries and related losses
- Protecting your rights throughout the entire process
Why Should I Choose Farris, Riley & Pitt, LLP?
Farris, Riley & Pitt, LLP is your dedicated personal injury law firm in Norcross, Georgia. For more than two decades, we have been stalwart advocates for individuals seeking rightful compensation after injuries caused by the wrongdoing of others. Our mission is to provide impeccable legal representation and compassionate guidance as you move forward on your road to recovery.
With a history of more than 20 years in the personal injury sector, we at Farris, Riley & Pitt, LLP have established ourselves as lawyers that stand up to insurance companies and at-fault parties. Our formidable attorneys have amassed an impressive track record, having recovered more than $200 million for our clients. This figure is a testament to the determination and understanding that Farris, Riley & Pitt, LLP brings to the table.
A Dedication to Justice
At Farris, Riley & Pitt, LLP, we are not just lawyers. We are relentless advocates for justice. Our seasoned team of attorneys is steadfast in its commitment to each case, delivering personalized attention and executing detailed investigations to determine the cause of the accident. We fight aggressively to ensure that victims of negligence obtain the compensation they rightfully deserve.
A Wide Range of Experience
Our range of services covers a wide variety of personal injury cases, including those stemming from car accidents, medical malpractice incidents, defective product injuries, nursing home abuse, and more. We are passionate about standing up on behalf of those who need us, so we treat each case we handle with the utmost diligence and care.
Unparalleled Trial Proficiency
We understand that achieving justice sometimes necessitates going to trial. Our battle-tested attorneys are no strangers to the courtroom, and our team boasts a proven record of success, both at trial and at the negotiating table. By preparing each case as if it were headed for trial, we send a powerful message to insurance companies and negligent parties that we will not back down.
Never Settle for Less
When insurance companies attempt to shortchange you with weak settlements, remember that Farris, Riley & Pitt, LLP is here to fight back on your behalf. Our razor-sharp legal skills and unwavering commitment to our clients make us the clear choice for your personal injury case.
Personal Injury Cases We Handle
At Farris, Riley & Pitt, LLP, our experienced attorneys are equipped to tackle a wide range of personal injury cases. Each case is unique and presents its own set of challenges, and our breadth and depth of experience allow us to approach each case with knowledge, foresight, and confidence. From car wrecks to medical malpractice incidents and defective product accidents to nursing home abuse, we’ve got you covered.
Thee are some of the kinds of personal injury cases we can handle:
- Car accident cases
- Bicycle accident cases
- Pedestrian accident cases
- Truck accident cases
- Motorcycle accident cases
- Rideshare accident cases
- Scooter accident cases
- Bus accident cases
- Railroad accident cases
- Rear-end accident cases
- Lane change accident cases
- Driving under the influence (DUI) cases
- Medical malpractice cases
- Brain and spinal cord injury cases
- Nursing home abuse cases
- Slip and fall cases
- Dog bite cases
- Child injury cases
- Burn injury cases
- Workplace injury cases
- Industrial accident cases
- Camp Lejeune toxic water cases
- Complex regional pain syndrome cases
- Wrongful death cases
Financial Recovery in Personal Injury Cases: How Much Can You Receive?
When you get hurt due to someone else’s bad behavior, it’s important to understand the types and amounts of money you could be entitled to from a personal injury case. The goal of this money is to help you regain the stability and quality of life you enjoyed before the incident. The process of determining this compensation, however, requires a careful assessment of numerous factors, including:
You could recover money for measurable, out-of-pocket costs like medical bills, rehabilitation costs, lost earnings due to time off from work, and property damage costs related to the incident. These are the tangible costs directly associated with your injuries, and they’re usually the easiest to calculate.
On the other hand, you could also be entitled to compensation for the less tangible (but no less real) aspects of your suffering. This can include your physical pain and discomfort, emotional trauma, loss of enjoyment in activities you used to love, and the impact on relationships with your loved ones.
In exceptional cases involving extreme recklessness or intentional malice, the court may award additional damages (money) called punitive damages. A punitive damages award is paid to the victim, but not as a form of compensation. Instead, its main purpose is to punish the at-fault party and discourage others from engaging in similar behavior in the future.
Here at Farris, Riley & Pitt, LLP, our team of dedicated personal injury lawyers can assess all potential sources of recovery and work tirelessly in pursuit of the full amount to which you’re entitled.
How Do You Prove a Personal Injury Case?
Personal injury lawyers commonly collect and present numerous kinds of evidence when proving liability or fault in an insurance claim or injury lawsuit. The types of evidence needed vary depending on the specifics of the case, and experienced attorneys know how to effectively gather and use it.
Here are some key types of evidence your lawyer might use to establish liability in a personal injury case:
- Police reports – In many accidents, especially traffic accidents, police respond to the scene and prepare detailed reports of the incident, which can be valuable pieces of evidence later on.
- Photographs – Photos from the incident scene can provide crucial details about what happened by showing property damage, road or floor conditions, visible injuries, and more.
- Video footage – If an injury accident occurs in an area with surveillance cameras or bystanders recording on cell phones, the footage can provide indisputable evidence of the incident.
- Witness testimony – Witnesses to an accident can provide third-party perspectives on what happened. Their testimony can verify how the incident occurred and who is to blame.
- Medical records – While medical records primarily document the extent of injuries, they can also serve as evidence of the severity of the accident and contribute to establishing fault.
- Expert testimony – In some cases, experts like physicians or accident reconstruction specialists can provide professional opinions on the causes of an incident or the extent of a victim’s injuries.
- Physical evidence – An item from the incident scene, such as a damaged or defective product or a piece of clothing, could also serve as evidence in a personal injury case.
Contact Farris, Riley & Pitt, LLP to Tell Us Your Story Now
Don’t let the aftermath of an accident overwhelm you. At Farris, Riley & Pitt, LLP, we’re committed to pursuing the money you need to focus on healing. Contact us online or call us at (470) 274-3709 for a free consultation, and let us show you how we can make a difference in your Norcross personal injury case.