Peachtree Corners Personal Injury Attorneys
Life doesn’t come with an instruction manual, especially when dealing with the fallout of a personal injury accident. Suddenly, you’re not just hurting physically – you’re faced with emotional strain and financial burdens that might seem insurmountable. The good news is there’s a way forward – with a personal injury claim or lawsuit against the party that injured you, you could secure the funds necessary for your recovery. The challenge? Demanding a fair settlement or favorable trial award is often complex and daunting.
At Farris, Riley & Pitt, LLP, we’re ready to shoulder this burden for you. With more than two decades of experience in personal injury law, our attorneys are well-versed in the intricacies of the legal system in Peachtree Corners and surrounding Georgia areas. When you come to us for help, we’ll focus on securing the money you deserve so you can concentrate on healing your injuries.
Don’t face this trying time alone. Contact us online or call us today at (470) 274-3709 to discuss your options in a free consultation session.
What You Should Do If You Get Hurt in an Accident
If you get hurt in an accident, it’s important to take prompt and appropriate actions, not only for your immediate health and safety but also to protect your legal rights. Here’s what you should do:
- Seek medical attention immediately – Always seek prompt medical attention following any accident, regardless of how minor your injuries appear at first. Some injuries do not show immediate symptoms but can still have long-term health consequences. Timely medical care also establishes a medical record linking your injuries to the accident.
- Collect evidence – If your condition allows, gather as much evidence from the accident scene as possible. This could include photos or videos of the scene, visible injuries, and property damage. If there were any witnesses to the accident, obtain their contact information.
- Keep records – From this point forward, keep detailed records of everything related to the accident. This includes medical bills, lost income from missed work, and any out-of-pocket expenses you incur due to the incident.
- Be cautious in your communications – Be careful when discussing the accident, especially with insurance adjusters. Stick to the facts and avoid speculating about who was at fault or how severe your injuries are. Avoid posting updates or photos on social media before your case is over, too.
- Consult a personal injury lawyer – Talk to a personal injury attorney as soon as possible after the accident. A skilled attorney can explain your rights, guide you through the insurance and legal systems, and advocate for your best interests every step of the way.
Dealing with Insurance Companies: What to Do and What Not to Do
Dealing with insurance companies can be a minefield after an injury, and it’s best to refer them to your lawyer whenever possible. However, if you must interact with an insurance provider yourself, here’s a handy list of dos and don’ts to keep in mind:
What to Do
- Do report the accident – Notify your insurance company of the accident as soon as possible. Most insurers have reporting deadlines, and missing one could jeopardize your claim.
- Do document everything – Keep detailed records of all your medical treatments, lost wages, and any other expenses related to the injury.
- Do review your insurance policy – Read through your insurance policy with your lawyer so you understand what it covers and know what to expect.
- Do get legal advice – Before signing any documents or agreeing to any settlements, consult a personal injury attorney to ensure that the terms of the settlement align with your interests.
- Do be patient – It takes time to process a claim and negotiate a fair settlement. Don’t rush into anything just to get it over with, as you can’t go back and demand more money once you settle.
What Not to Do
- Don’t give recorded statements – Without legal counsel present, avoid giving recorded statements to the insurance company. Anything you say could be used against you.
- Don’t sign anything without understanding it – Never sign any documents without fully understanding what they mean. It’s wise to consult a lawyer before signing anything so you don’t accidentally waive a right or reduce your compensation.
- Don’t accept the first offer – The first settlement offer from an insurance company is typically lower than you are entitled to. A quick payout, while attractive, could cost you later on.
- Don’t discuss the case on social media – Posting about your case on social media could hurt your claim. Your posts are not as private as you think and could be used to discredit you.
- Don’t exaggerate your injuries – Always be honest about the extent of your injuries and the impact they have on your life, both to your doctor and to the insurance company. Exaggerations can undermine your credibility and hurt your case.
How Long Will It Take Before I Get the Money for My Injury Claim?
Obtaining money from a personal injury claim is rarely a quick process due to several factors. The timeline for your unique case will be based on the specific details of your situation.
First, the extent of your injuries and their long-term impact on your life will play a role. This is because you usually must wait until you’ve reached “maximum medical improvement” (MMI) before you can settle an injury claim. MMI is the point at which your condition is stable and unlikely to improve with further treatment. Only then can insurance companies accurately calculate the full cost of your injuries.
Next, there’s negotiating with the insurance company. This process could be relatively swift if the insurer agrees to a fair settlement. However, negotiations could take time if they deny your claim or offer an insufficient amount, and you might even need to take them to court.
If you go to trial, local court schedules and procedures could significantly add to your case’s timeline. In some cases, reaching a resolution in court can take several months or even years.
Throughout this process, having a skilled personal injury attorney at your side is essential. They can expedite the process and work diligently to secure the compensation you deserve.
Why You Need and Deserve a Personal Injury Lawyer’s Help
If you get hurt in a Peachtree Corners injury accident, you need and deserve help from an experienced accident lawyer because:
- A personal injury attorney can objectively assess your situation and provide unbiased advice
- You need an advocate who will fight relentlessly for your right to fair compensation
- The legal system is complex and difficult to negotiate without professional assistance
- Insurance companies have skilled lawyers on their side, and so should you
- An experienced attorney can help you accurately estimate the true value of your claim
- You need to focus on your recovery and healing, not the technicalities of legal processes
- A legal professional can identify, gather, and present substantial evidence to support your claim
- A seasoned attorney can negotiate skillfully with insurance companies on your behalf
- Lawyers are familiar with the tactics insurance companies use to deny or reduce claim payouts
- An attorney can file case documents correctly and on time to avoid unnecessary delays or issues
- A lawyer can leverage their network of medical and investigative experts to build a strong case
- In the event your case goes to trial, a personal injury lawyer can provide effective representation
Why Choose Farris, Riley & Pitt, LLP?
Life after an accident can feel overwhelming. In this challenging time, you need more than just a lawyer. You need a partner, a strong ally, and a dependable guide who can help you through the complexity of the insurance or legal system. That’s where Farris, Riley & Pitt, LLP comes into play.
Experienced and Respected Advocates
With more than 20 years of practice under our belts, we have established a reputation for standing up to insurance companies attempting to shortchange our clients with weak settlements. And we’re not just respected among our clients. We’re the firm other lawyers turn to when they need assistance tackling complex topics and litigation. They trust in our knowledge and skill, and you can, too.
We’re Focused on You
At Farris, Riley & Pitt, LLP, we approach each case with a relentless dedication to justice and a commitment to helping you recover. Our team has obtained numerous multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements for our clients, with a remarkable track record of more than 200 million dollars secured.
We Prepare for Success
We believe every client deserves a detailed, personalized strategy tailored to their unique situation. Our aggressive trial lawyers prepare each case as if it were headed to court. We don’t just do this to be ready but to demonstrate to opposing parties that we mean business. Our painstaking preparation has led to numerous favorable settlements and trial verdicts for our clients.
No Fee Unless We Win
To ensure our services are accessible to those in need, we work on a “no fee unless we win” basis. You’ll never have to worry about up-front or out-of-pocket fees when you come to us. We also provide free case evaluations, so you can review your options without any financial obligation.
Choosing Farris, Riley & Pitt, LLP means choosing a team dedicated to your recovery and future. Don’t settle for less than you deserve.
Get in Touch with a Peachtree Corners Injury Lawyer Now
Ready to take the first step toward recovery? Let the seasoned personal injury attorneys at Farris, Riley & Pitt, LLP handle every legal aspect of your case so you can focus on recuperating. Call (470) 274-3709 now for your no-cost, no-obligation case evaluation, and let’s demand the money you are owed together.