Peachtree Corners Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Perhaps you were commuting to work, running errands, or simply enjoying a nice day for a ride on your motorcycle, and the next moment, everything changed. Someone else caused a devastating accident, and you got caught up in it. Now you’re left with pain, confusion, and a growing pile of bills. We at Farris, Riley & Pitt, LLP empathize with your situation and want you to know that there is a way to get the money you need to recover.
Recovering compensation through a personal injury claim is certainly possible, but doing so is far from simple. The process of securing a fair settlement or a trial award can be fraught with difficulties, often seemingly designed to wear down victims like yourself.
That’s where Farris, Riley & Pitt, LLP comes in. With more than two decades of experience, our Peachtree Corners injury attorneys have stood up for countless local clients like you, battling on their behalf to demand the recoveries they are owed. When we take on your fight, you can count on us to handle every aspect of your motorcycle accident case while you focus on your health.
Isn’t it time you had a professional advocate on your side? Call Farris, Riley & Pitt, LLP now at (470) 274-3709 for a free consultation, and let us take the weight off your shoulders.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Peachtree Corners, Georgia
Motorcycles offer freedom and exhilaration, but they also come with inherent risks. While many motorcyclists are careful and observant riders, they often fall victim to the negligent or reckless actions of others on the road. In Georgia, several common factors contribute to motorcycle accidents, many of which are fully preventable. Here’s a look at some of these common causes:
- Distracted driving – Whether using a phone, eating, or fiddling with the radio, distracted drivers are a significant risk to motorcyclists. Lack of attention can result in a driver not seeing a motorcycle until it’s too late.
- Speeding – Excessive speed reduces a driver’s ability to steer safely around curves or road obstacles, extends the distance necessary to stop, and increases how far they travel once the driver reacts. Speeding makes accidents more likely and more severe.
- Poor road conditions – Potholes, debris, wet roads, or lack of proper signage can contribute to motorcycle accidents, especially since motorcycles are more susceptible to adverse road conditions than larger vehicles.
- Defective vehicle parts – Sometimes, accidents occur due to manufacturing defects in the vehicles involved. This could be anything from brake failures to steering issues, which can result in loss of control. In these cases, the vehicle or part manufacturer could be liable.
- Poor maintenance – Proper vehicle maintenance is crucial for safe driving. If a vehicle isn’t sufficiently maintained, parts could fail and lead to an accident. In some cases, if the maintenance was performed by a professional who didn’t adequately carry out their duties, they could be held responsible. The vehicle owner could also be liable if they failed to keep their car in safe driving condition.
- Failure to yield – Many motorcycle accidents occur when other drivers fail to yield the right of way to motorcyclists at intersections, during lane changes, or when entering roadways.
- Following too closely – Tailgating is dangerous, especially when drivers of larger vehicles follow behind motorcycles too closely. This reckless behavior doesn’t allow vehicle drivers enough time to react if motorcyclists have to stop suddenly.
- Dooring accidents – These occur when a driver or passenger in a parked car opens their door into the path of an oncoming motorcyclist. This is particularly common in urban areas with roadside parking.
How Much Is My Georgia Motorcycle Accident Case Worth?
If you’ve been hurt in a motorcycle accident in Peachtree Corners, Georgia, it’s essential to understand how much money you may be entitled to. That way, you can plan for the future and find peace of mind.
The aftermath of an accident can be costly, but a successful personal injury claim or lawsuit could provide the financial support necessary to cover the costs you incur. Here’s a look at some of the types of losses you could be compensated for:
- Medical expenses – These can include the costs of hospital stays, surgeries, doctor visits, physical therapy, prescription medications, and any other medical treatment necessary for your recovery. You could also recover money for anticipated future medical expenses if you need ongoing injury care.
- Lost income – If your crash injuries force you to take time off work, you could claim money for the income you lose as a result. If your injuries prevent you from returning to your job or affect your earning capacity, you could also be entitled to money for lost future earnings.
- Pain and suffering – This refers to the physical pain and emotional distress you experience due to the accident and your injuries. These personal losses are hard to quantify, but they’re a key aspect of your injury claim, and a lawyer can help you seek fair compensation for them.
- Loss of enjoyment of life – If your injuries reduce your quality of life or prevent you from enjoying activities or hobbies you once enjoyed, you could be owed compensation for this loss.
- Loss of consortium – If your crash injuries adversely affect your relationship with your spouse, including your ability to maintain intimacy, you could recover for loss of consortium.
- Disability and disfigurement – If your injuries result in permanent disability or disfigurement, you could receive additional compensation for the profound impact of these conditions.
- Property damage expenses – This includes the costs associated with repairing or replacing your motorcycle and any other personal property damaged in the accident.
How a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help
When you hire a motorcycle accident lawyer from Farris, Riley & Pitt, LLP, you can count on us to support you and your injury case by:
- Meticulously gathering and analyzing evidence to bolster your accident claim
- Communicating clearly and promptly, keeping you updated at every stage of the process
- Fighting aggressively for your rights in settlement negotiations or at trial
- Advocating for the maximum compensation you’re entitled to
- Leveraging our relationships with medical experts to substantiate your injuries
- Standing up against big insurance companies on your behalf
- Taking over all legal proceedings so that you can focus on your recovery
- Managing case paperwork and filing deadlines to prevent missed opportunities
- Consulting industry experts to fully comprehend the specifics of your accident
- Challenging any anti-motorcycle bias that could affect your claim
- Identifying all liable parties and sources of compensation for the motorcycle accident
- Assessing the long-term effects of your injuries to ensure your settlement covers future needs
- Offering compassionate, personalized service tailored to your unique situation
- Guiding you through the complex process of personal injury litigation if necessary
- Preparing your case for trial if a fair settlement isn’t obtainable
- Protecting your rights and making sure your voice is heard throughout the entire process
Why Choose Farris, Riley & Pitt, LLP for Your Motorcycle Accident Case?
You’re not just another file on the desk at Farris, Riley & Pitt, LLP. You’re a valued member of our family, and you deserve justice. When you work with us, you’re choosing a team with a stellar reputation and a history of success. A team dedicated to helping you recover, rebuild, and fight for your future.
Here’s why Farris, Riley & Pitt, LLP should be your first choice for your motorcycle accident case:
- We have decades of experience and proven success – With more than 20 years in the field, we have a track record of success that speaks for itself. We’ve secured numerous multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements for our clients, accumulating over 200 million dollars in total. We’re the law firm that other lawyers turn to for help, especially when dealing with complex legal matters.
- You pay nothing unless we win – You’ve been through enough, and you’re likely already struggling financially. That’s why we don’t ask for any legal fees unless and until we win your case. We’re confident in our ability to deliver the justice you deserve, and you can be, too.
- We provide aggressive representation against big corporations and insurers – Motorcycle accident cases often involve dealing with large corporations and their insurers, entities that aren’t eager to pay out fair settlements. At Farris, Riley & Pitt, LLP, we’re not afraid to stand up to these entities. We fight back against anti-motorcycle bias and ensure your voice is heard.
- We always prepare for trial – Many lawyers avoid going to trial, but not us. Our team of aggressive trial lawyers prepares every case as if it’s going to court. This preparation has enabled us to secure meaningful results for our clients time and again.
- We offer personalized attention and conduct detailed investigations – At Farris, Riley & Pitt, LLP, we believe every case deserves personalized attention. We work diligently to investigate the cause of your accident, fighting relentlessly to pursue the compensation you’re owed.
Don’t settle for less than you deserve. When insurance companies offer weak settlements, you need strong personal injury lawyers with honed legal skills on your side. Choose Farris, Riley & Pitt, LLP, and let’s fight for your future together.
Ready for the Recovery You Deserve? Call Farris, Riley & Pitt, LLP Now
Demand the meaningful recovery you deserve with Farris, Riley & Pitt, LLP. Our team of experienced Georgia motorcycle accident attorneys is ready to champion your cause. Reach out to us today at (470) 274-3709 for a free case evaluation to learn more.